One of our VC is down because of the space issue and not able to login to the Shell.
Followed the below steps to fix the same.
- Accessed the VCSA on Grub mode
- Found “/” and /storage/log partitions were full.
- Released some space in both partitions and rebooted the VCSA
- We were able to SSH into the VCSA , however found vmware-cm service was failing to start with below error:
Stderr = su: cannot not open session: Permission denied
- Checked root expiration date and found it was expired.
- Reset root password.
- Restarted services, but issue continue.
- Tried rebooting the VCSA
- All the services came up.